viernes, 6 de julio de 2007

The things I hear from my bedroom

This morning, while writing a flurry of emails to organizations and people involved in public health, I have heard:

- about 10 gunshots
- what sounded like a dog attacking a person...lots of growls, howling, and a woman and child screaming
- my landlady yelling to her daughter "Innnnneeeeezzzzzz"
- two cats playing on the roof next door
- the customary mini-buses yelling their destinations "HositalObrero-AvendiaArce-PlazadelEstudiante-SanPedrooooo"

In the past week, I have also heard:

- what sounded like a dog getting run over
- kids playing tag up and down my central staircase
- domestic violence, although i tried to pretend that i couldn't hear the drunk man yelling at his wife
- spanish covers of "Dust in the Wind" and other classic hits blaring out the next door window

Soon it will be time to get out and walk around for a little while, I think.

1 comentario:

Pustulio dijo...

ohhh boliva is so similar to mexico! :P jijiij 10 gunshots!