domingo, 12 de agosto de 2007

Good Night and Good Luck

I´ve decided to wrap up my time working at the hospitals, and being in La Paz for that matter, and travel around the country. Alas, this means an end to my medical adventures, but I´m hoping to fill the rest of the space in this blog with a lot of pictures and quirky stories as I trek through Cochabamba, Sucre, and Potosi for the next two weeks or so. I´m very much excited to travel, because in reality I haven´t been more than an hour outside of La Paz for the last two months. Some highlights are going to be Tarabuco, a town outside of Sucre that has a wonderful Sunday market full of colorful textiles and artesania, and also the mines in Potosi, which are (I think) some of the largest in the world and also supplied Europe with the majority of its silver in the colonial days.

So, tomorrow I can look forward to the 8 hour bus ride to Cochabamba, and then who knows...

No hay comentarios.: